Thursday, June 16, 2005

JDOM Migration Report

Ernesto has asked that for each "mini-project" I do as part of the overall project, I write a short report on what I've done. I therefore wrote a 3 page report on the JDOM Migration mini project.

I have also added a few more papers to my CiteULike list. Meeting with Ernesto tomorrow to go over both these items.

Use of Subversion is going very well - it made merging my work with Robin's very easy during the JDOM task since I knew I wouldn't lose anything I had done. I have had one instance a couple of days ago of svn claiming that a folder was under version control, then that it wasn't and I ended up recreating the repository because of it. I think I've figured out the problem now (included for my future reference):

If a folder is under version control, but its contained folders are not, the following happens:
  • svn add folder: folder is already under version control

  • svn remove folder: folder is not under version control (use --force to force removal)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home