Friday, June 24, 2005

Meeting No. 5

I didn't email Ernesto my latest reports until just before our meeting, so we'll have to discuss them at a later date if necessary.

Ernesto detailed the work he wants me to do over the next two weeks:
  1. Investigate existing Part-of-Speech taggers that we can make use of

  2. Design the architecture of my system

  3. Work on the heuristics of the system

  4. Code the core system



I have already investigated 1 since the meeting, and have found NLProcessor created by Edinburgh Uni and Infogistics.com to be worth using - it has a Java interface and is free to use for 90 days. Obviously this ties us to a short-term solution but the system should be written with this in mind and allow for future swapping out of NLProcessor.

I've had ideas about the architecture floating around my head for a couple of weeks so it'll be good to get those details down soon.

The heuristics will require a lot of thought - I may have to further research NLP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home