Sunday, July 24, 2005

Note: Avoid Omondo's UML plugin for Eclipse

About a month ago I looked into different plugins for Eclipse that offer UML class diagram creation directly from source code. From the two I looked at (SDE and Omondo, I chose Omondo for reasons I don't quite remember.

Anyway, I started using an evaluation copy of the full version of Omondo, and that worked quite nicely. The demo ended about a week ago though, so I downloaded the free version, which still offered everything I'd been using in the full version, so I didn't seem to be missing much.

Then I tried opening a file from I'd made before, but was told I couldn't open it because I was using the free version! I'm glad I've got exported JPEGs of my old diagrams.

Anyway, I get on to making a new diagram, spend ages making it look good (something Omondo isn't good at is laying out a diagram well to start with) and saved it. I come back to it today and find



What a mess.

So, in short, don't use Omondo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home