Friday, July 01, 2005

Meeting No. 6

Ernesto expressed his concern over my decision to use the NLProcessor tool for Part-of-Speech tagging as I could only get a 90 day evaluation license, so future use of my system in the department might be tricky. Unfortunately there is little information on their site about purchasing full licenses, or attaining an academic license. I have to write a small report detailing my choice of NLProcessor over other systems and detail its pros and cons.

I then demonstrated the core of my system (I'm sick of referring to it as "my system", "the ConcepTool extension we propose" and the rest, so for now my project is called ConcepTrainer: remember kids, good names give no hits on Google) which he was very impressed with. The extraction of concepts and parent-child relationships works well with the heuristics he drew up for me, but the attribute learning isn't very good. We will both investigate this area and try to come up with new heuristics for this.

Since I'm a bit further forward with the project than expected, we can now begin looking at the next stage: comparing the ontologies for 2 different documents with each other. This requires some form of meta-concept to describe a document, which we will brainstorm on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home